The UK is still the most sought-after country with opportunities for higher learning, which is why international students choose to study there. There are many universities in the UK where you can study without IELTS. International English Language Test System (IELTS) is an English proficiency test taken by students whose mother tongue is not English to prove their proficiency in the English Language.
This can be challenging for many students when it comes to applying to universities in the UK because not all students are comfortable with this. It is possible to study in the UK without IELTS if you apply to universities that accept other requirements to prove their English Proficiency. Trying to help you in making the right decision, here’s a list of some of the cheap universities in Uk without IELTS for International students.
List of Universities in UK without IELTS
- Sheffield Hallam University is one of the most affordable and distinct universities in the UK. They provide international students with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience to succeed at whatever they choose to do. They have a community of over 30,000 students around the globe with a mission to transform lives. Visit the website to know more
- University of Warwick has been evaluated as the ‘’World-leading’’ universities with international excellent. The University was founded in 1965 as part of government initiative to expand higher education, with an acknowledged recognition for distinction in research and teaching. Visit the website to know more
- University of Bristol is the most famous and successful universities in the UK with reputable international standards for high-quality education and research. The university is a red brick Russell Group research university in Bristol, England. Its roots can be traced to Merchant Ventures’ school founded in 1595 and university college, Bristol, which had been in existence since 1876. Visit the Official website for more
- Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study, is a university in Birmingham, England, originally established as the Birmingham College of Art with roots dating back to 1843. With over 24,500 students in the second largest city in the UK. Visit the Official Website for more.
- The University of Northampton is based in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England. It proud to be one of the best teaching Universities in the UK. It was established in 1999 by the amalgamation of several training colleges, and gained full university status as the University of Northampton in 2005. Visit Official Website for more
- University of Plymouth is one of the top leading universities based primarily in Plymouth, England where the main campus is located, but the university has campuses and partner colleges all around South West England. It was established in 1862 known as the 57th largest universities in UK with a total number of 18, 410 students. Visit Official Website for more
- Portsmouth University is a world-leading research university located in the city of Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. It is a modern, multifaceted university offering practical courses at undergraduate, postgraduate taught across five faculties. Visit Official Website for more
- University of Greenwich is a leading modern, high quality, research Excellence University located in London and Kent. It was founded in 1890 and offers a range of subjects across its four faculties, the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business School, Faculty of Education and Health and Faculty of Engineering and Science. Visit Official Website for more
- London Southbank University is based in London Borough of Southwark, near the south Bank of the River Thames, from which it coins its name. It was established in 1892 with over 15,000 students enrolled, and 2,000 of which are international students from 130 Countries worldwide. Visit the official website for more.
Requirements to study in UK without IELTS
It is possible to study in the UK without IELTS if you apply to universities that accept other requirements to prove their English Proficiency. Other criteria to substitute IELTS
- Study English as a major specialization during your undergraduate degree, then you do not need IELTS.
- High English mark obtained in high school: if your score in English is more than 70%, then some universities would refer the high school marks to IELTS.
- Pre-Sessional English Course: Those who intend to study in the UK without IELTS may be able to take a pre-sessional English course offered by some universities. Once accepted in the degree or diploma program of their choice, these courses can be offered.
- Online Interview: Some universities may organize an online interview to test your English proficiency.
Do I require UK study visa for cheap universities without IELTS
UK study visa without IELTS is possible, only if you apply to universities that offer programs without the requirements of IELTS Scores. Once you meet up with other requirements to prove English Proficiency and get the acceptance letter, you can proceed with the student visa accordingly.
Here are the major requirements for a UK study visa without having IELTS:
- A document certified by your university with a written statement that you can apply for UK study visa without IELTS scores.
- An Acceptance letter from a university in the UK
Applicants can also take the Secure English Language Test (SELT) mandated by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) as a proof of English Language Proficiency without IELTS.
People also read: